Tuesday, May 6, 2014

To Get A Letter, Write A Letter

Yeah, right!! That's what I read on the cover of notebook sold in the mall on my way to station. But really, it doesn't always happen these days. When someone writes a letter to a friend, the most common reaction is "huh? A letter? You still write letters? Who writes letter these days?? Waste of paper! Why don't you just whatsapp me?"

Less and less people appreciate and enjoy little simple things in life nowadays. It's sad, actually. Most people won't know the joy of happiness from all those little things. For example, when riding on the train. I remember when I went to a colleague's house. It was a 2 hours train journey, and I prepared movies to watch on the way. I guess that's what people do too, 2 hours is a long time, so better do something. Luckily, I didn't just look down at my mobile phone all the time, because it turned out that the way to her place actually passes a huge beautiful river. It was really pretty! However, not everyone look up from their phones every now and then, so I bet they must have missed that beautiful view.

Years ago, I used to take bus to work. I get carsick easily in Australia, so I can't read book all the way through. But because of that, everyday I get to see the magnificent view of Opera House and Harbour Bridge and realised how lucky I was to live in Sydney. I know there are other people who wish to live here but can't, so I shouldn't take it for granted and remember to be grateful.

Also, do you still remember postcards? I am lucky that I am still surrounded with friends who still appreciate and send me postcards when they are on holiday. Eventhough sometimes the postcard actually arrives after they got home, it still gives you the happy feeling when you receive it and to know that the sender spare the time and effort during their holiday to write to me. All of you who never sends postcards on your holiday don't know how much effort goes into sending it. You have to find the stamp. You have to find the time to write it. It's really hard to find time to write them as we're definitely on tight schedule to visit all the places and by the time we get to the hotel we're dead tired. And then, you have to carry the postcards and keep reminding yourself to post them when you can find a postbox. See how much effort is it? But the senders are happy to do that, and want to share their happiness with you. So next time you receive a postcard, try to be happy and appreciate it! 

Same thing with souvenirs, when someone bought you a weird looking magnet from their holiday, just smile and say thank you! They might have scratching their head for days to get you that (yeah there are ppl who buys souvenir without much thought too, but there are other kind too!). Paling males kl uda cape2 cariin, squeeze it in my luggage, ehhh pas dikasih komennya "apaan nih?? Jelek gini. Buat apaan giniannmm?? Gak usahlahhh". Kachengggg mustinya ga usah dibawain emanggg.

So the point is, be thankful, appreciate the seem so not important little things you happen to get, have, or see everyday. Eventhough they are little and seem meaningless, they can still make your day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment