Wednesday, November 10, 2010

My Cousin's Birthday

Yesterday was my cousin's birthday, and she invited me and my sisters to her birthday dinner @Manly (or what my colleagues usually call Mantown :P). Anyway, she's treating us dinner at the restaurant where she works, China Beach. And we ate A LOT. Seriously it was A LOT. We didn't do the order actually, the waitress asked us if we wanted to order or just let the guys in the kitchen send whatever they wanted to send (yes she works with the waitress of course). So my cousin said yeah, just let them send whatever. At this point, I actually hoped they would send good stuffs lol :P You know people's tastebuds are different, so I hoped they didn't send us weird food :P And these were what they actually served us:

3 Entrees (Mittle Leaf with Fish (I think that's what it's called, too lazy to google daun sirih :P), Tea Smoked Quail with Roasted Garlic, San Choy Bao and Fried Duck Dumplings)

5 Main Meals (Spicy Fish with Extra Coconut Sauce, Beef with Mushrooms and Bamboo Shoots, Duck with Lychee, Stir Fried Pork Belly, and Scallops with Spring Onions)

2 Side Dishes (Steamed Veggies and Roti Prata)

Steamed Rice

4 Desserts (Panna Cotta with Raspberry and Ginger Sauce - It was red and tasted like Raspberry so I think it was raspberry :P, Honey + Watermelon + Lychee ice cream with Praline, Crispy Waffle with Palm Sugar Sauce and Fruit Compote, and Sago)

And we brought Coffee Brulee Birthday Cake too :)

We were STUFFEDDDDDDDDDDD!!! My tummy is actually still feel tight right now :/ But it was so good. The entree was all good. The mittle entree was good, but I don't like smelly leaves so it was kinda distracting, but the fish itself was good. Quail was hm... I never use this word for food, but it was beautifully cooked! San Choy Bao was good too and the fried dumplings were ordinary, but the taste reminded me of some food I had in Indo. Can't remember what it was. My cousin was like "err... Kuo Tieh?" lol :P but nope, not that :P

The mains were all good too. The highlights were Scallops - the texture was great, I loved it, and the sauce was good too, the fish was SOOOO GOOD!!! The coconut sauce was delicious, spicy but not too spicy. I'm glad they gave us extra coconut sauce :P And the pork belly, omg, it was good and crispy and tasty ^^ and the cuts were big and thick lol I love thick meat hahhahaha :P Duck and Beef was good too. The beef was the least I liked though.

Steamed veggies was normal, it can't be very special, can it? Roti prata was good. I said to my cousin, it was even better than Mamak's. And she said "Of course, I'm the one who usually go and buy it". Hmmm so handmade doesn't necessarily better than off the shelf products :P

I loved the Panna Cotta. I don't usually like ginger, but the sauce taste like the ginger lollies that are usually sold in Puncak (Indonesia). It's my all time favourite lolly. So I liked it :) The crispy waffle tasted like kue rangi and lupis :P it was good, but I think it was a bit too sweet. Even that, some of us still declared it their favourite out of the desserts. The ice cream was great too, my only complaints are it was too fast to melt and the lychee was too sweet. I don't like watermelon, but the watermelon ice cream was good :) And that Lychee ice cream was actually made by my cousin herself :P The sago was good too, if I didn't fall in love with the Panna Cotta in the first place, it could be my favourite :P Most of us loved it the best.

So yeah.. that's the review :) Again, my tummy still feels so tight. But hungry :/ you know when u eat too much the night before, you usually wake up starving. Just like that.

Btw, I missed the E50 bus yesterday to go to Manly, so I had to go to Spit Junction and changed bus. The 230 bus driver was so nice. I stopped him and asked how to get to Manly and he said just hop on, he'll tell me when I need to get off. I said "Oh okay, so what My Bus should I use, 1 or 2?". He then said to just hop on, don't worry about that. @__@ so nice! So I saved a bus ticket :P I thought it was just like around the corner, so no need to pay (I didn't know where Spit Junction was :P). Turned out it was like half way to Manly @__@ it should have cost me My Bus 2. Don't know why he told me not to pay, but thank you :)

Anyway, gotta take shower now, I woke up at 6 this morning due to bad dream -_-" I don't usually wake up that early that easy lol.

PS: I can't wait for Friday yayyyy ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment