Tuesday, December 13, 2016

To Judge

I haven't blogged for a while, and since I have nothing to do now on the train, and since I have neither book nor internet connection on my mobile, here I am typing away 😪

The other day I was talking to my sister, and she mentioned about her colleague. This colleague stays with her mum, boyfriend and her sister and brother-in-law their kids, so, her nephews and nieces. When I heard she was moving in with those bunch of people, I already thought how crowded it was going to be. Plus with nephews and nieces, you'd help to help raising them for sure.

So yeah, that's what happens. She sometimes complains to my sister, some days she would be so tired and doesn't want to do anything, but the others don't watch and take care of the kids, so she had to do it anyway.

That got me thinking. We all read news about accidents due to negligence every day. Don't you sometimes ask how could that happen when there are so many people in the house? Those people must be terrible people and so on.

But it could be that there's 1 person who usually cares, but on that day she/he is just so dead tired and just for that night, went to bed early. Just for that 1 night. On the other nights she'd always be taking care of the kids, watching them play, putting them to bed etc. And that 1 night something happens.

When it's all over the news, surely most people think, what's wrong with these people?? Not even 1 of them actually watch the kids?? And that 1 person who usually does every single night, even when they are not actually their kids, might be blaming himself/herself to death for being tired, for going to bed early on that particular one night so she/he couldn't prevent the accident from happening.

It's so easy to judge other people isn't it? It's human nature. Probably because we all need reasons for everything, and probably because blaming others is the easiest reason we could come up with. However, judging people is so hard you. If we count how many times our judgement actually passes as true, it would be more that are actually wrong. Yet, it is hard to stop ourselves to judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment