Friday, September 9, 2016

Sacrifices and Taking Things for Granted

My dad is going back home this Saturday. I never have told my parents, but every time they are here, at the last week of the stay I try not to go out and have dinner at home.

I guess if I say it directly to them, they might feel happy. People are always happy when they know other people are making sacrifices for their sake or go out of their way for them.

It reminds me of few years ago when I had my bestie still in Australia. Back then I used to work on the weekends, so I couldn't hang out much. She was always out during weekends with friends. There were times when she went out without asking me to join because she thought I was working, or because she just didn't think of it, or simply because there was no more space in her flatmate's car. Sometimes she went to restaurants I had been craving to go too, and places I also wanted to go.

Every time that happened, I got upset and we had a fight or cold war (Thanks to Facebook, I got to know where she went all those time. Now that I think about it, some of those fights wouldn't have happened if Facebook didn't exist :/) She was stubborn and I was sensitive. The cycle went on and on, even until I quit my weekend job. I still am a sensitive person, but after the last few years I realise that nothing really last forever. So don't waste your time and energy to fight, they are going to leave soon anyway. It is not worth fighting for.

But back then, I wanted to make a point. I guess I wanted myself heard, that she knew that it was making me upset. I didn't want that one day she would say, "I didn't know you were upset. You should have said something". Well.. not that I could keep it to myself anyway, I am after all a very expressive person and can't hide my emotion at all. I guess, I wanted to make sure that I wasn't taken for granted.

Nobody likes to be taken for granted, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment