Wednesday, January 20, 2021

When Your Colleague's Wife Unknowingly Knows You

Seems like my colleague's wife knows me well even without us actually knowing each other... 

Yesterday, a colleague of mine said to me, "Ah, you missed it last night!". I was like, what?? What did i miss?

Apparently, his wife said something while she was about to go out, he didn't quite catch what she was saying, he only caught a name. And since she was taking their youngest, he thought oh, you're going to get ice cream.

When she came back, she said, "I didnt stop by Abla's. The baby was sleeping, I didn't wanna wake her up". Then, my colleague just got it. His wife told him before she left, that she was gonna stop by Abla's to buy me baklava!

His wife and I are not friends lol we even only met once and it was just really brief. But I've heard a lot of stories about her from my colleague, and I guess he must have mentioned me quite often for her to remember me.

This wasn't the first time it happened. Last time, when Woolworths had Ooshies promotion, she also went and asked the staff if they still had stocks of the case. She said to her husband, "I'm going to ask the front desk if they still have the case. Your colleague hasn't got one right?".

Even my colleague was really surprised to hear she wanted to get me baklava 2 days ago lol 

But... I was happy :) To know that there's someone out there, not my friend, not exactly knowing me, but still could think of me.

:) 



No comments:

Post a Comment